Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Food Intake - Day Four

Diet Pepsi

1 Orange (It's becoming noticeable that I only eat one of a "healthy" food item but always more than one of something "unhealthy"....see below.)

2 Werthers soft caramels.

2 More caramels.

1 Container of strawberry yogurt. (Activia...it's really good.)

1 Asian Pear.

1 Colby Cheddar Cheese stick

20 + Jelly beans. (I couldn't stop until all the red & white ones were gone...I like to eat them together...I know it's weird but I can't help it. After all the white or reds are gone, I start pairing with pinks, pink & white or pink & red...my final pairing is pink & purple. We're down to yellow, green, and orange which I will not eat.)

1 York Peppermint Patty (fun size)

1 Kit Kat bit

30 Or more cashews

1 Costco dog on white bread (I can't let them go to waste...)

1 Fudge Bar (I cut down)

So I think I did a little better today...I only had one Fudge Bar and I added another piece of fruit. I went to the store and bought some carrots, bread (sourdough of course...for peanut butter toast), Triscuts, oranges, and yogurt. After seeing, in writing, what I ate, I felt compelled to add some "healthier" foods. Somehow it didn't stop me from eating the other junk...If you think about it, I just ate more by adding the "healthy" stuff. How's that going to do me any good?

The carrots I bought are "baby" carrots, the kind you buy in a little plastic bag, ready to eat. My dad once told me that they aren't really "baby" carrots at all, just old, broken, probably rotten carrots that they file down to sell to patsies like me. Have you ever noticed that they tend to get slimy really fast?

It's not that I don't "buy" healthy foods, I do...I actually spend a lot of money on food...I love food. I also waste a lot of food. I go to the store and have all these great recipes that I'm going to cook so I buy all this food, bring it home and put it in the fridge, which, as it turns out, is a superb food rotting machine. I heard a guy once who said crisper bins should be called rotters. He was right. Almost everything I put in rots from lack of attention in spite of my good intentions.

I tried to get the Princess to post her food for the day but she couldn't figure out how to add it so here's her food intake while at work...as you see our food intakes are similar.

Princess Food Tuesday until 2:00 (Day Three)
English Muffin w/butter & Jam
Sweet Tea (very sugary)
Half of a mushroom/jack cheeseburger and fries
Root Beer
2 Mini Kit Kats
1 Mini Twix
1 Slice Muenster cheese
1 Big Cherry Candy Bar
1 Whole roll of wintergreen lifesavers

Apparently I'm not the only one with terrible eating habits (I knew I liked her for a reason)...it's the stoopidist thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment