Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bumper Sticker

I followed a truck that had a bumper sticker which read "Everything is sacred. You make a difference."

Really? Everything sacred??? I don't think so. I think there's plenty of things that aren't sacred. Take cat shit, for instance. What in the world is sacred about cat shit? Nothing that I can think of, that's for sure. I mean, maybe somewhere in a far away country, long, long ago, people may have worshiped cats, thus making everything about them worthy of worship, including their excrement. But now? I'm thinkin' no.

You know, I think a potato peeler is a really handy little gadget, and hat's off to who ever invented it. But sacred??? Mmm, I don't think so.

If everything is sacred what's left to be un-sacred? How can you define a sacred thing if you don't have an un-sacred thing to differentiate it from? Doesn't there have to be a balance? A Yin & Yang???

I'm sure there's probably some philosophical thing I'm missing here...it's the stoopidist thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment