Saturday, November 3, 2018

WWTC - Day 3

I said I was going to do this every day...so here goes...

We have new neighbors. When we moved here twenty years ago, the couple next door were the oldsters. Last month the oldsters moved out and youngsters moved in. With little kids and four dogs.

There's a lot of commotion that goes on with young families. My horses are spooked by the little kids running around. The dogs are constantly barking at the strangers next door. We've had vehicles coming & going down our little road more in the last few weeks that in all the time we've lived here. At least that's how it seems.

Thankfully our little neighborhood, while not perfect, is made up of pretty great people. Today I was talking to the new neighbor across the pasture fence. While he and I were talking, his two little girls ran up to the house and brought back apples for my horses. Only one of them was brave enough to hold out her hand with a piece of apple in the palm so the horse could have it. She may have just been bitten with the Horse Bug.

I'm thankful I got to know the old neighbors that moved and thankful for the new ones starting out in a new place. I'll be even more thankful if it turns out the little girl was bitten by the horse bug...there's nothing like a little girl in love with horses.

P.S. The Husband and I are now the "Oldsters"...It's the stoopidist thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment